FMI’s Climate Bulletin Research Letters Special Issue demonstrates research activities conducted as part of the Atmosphere and Climate Competence Center (ACCC), which is a flagship funded by Academy of Finland, at the moment for the years 2020-2024. As a leading “ecosystem” of interdisciplinary research and innovation, ACCC provides beyond state-of-the-art scientific knowledge on two of the most urgent global grand challenges, climate change and deteriorating air quality.
This Special Issue presents the work relating to ACCC Research Program 3, which focuses on climate change impacts and adaptation.
Short papers in this issue:
- Carbon balance of an afforested wasteland: A case study to quantify emission offset units
- Release, retention, and availability – towards mechanistic understanding of nitrogen retention by biochar
- Large-scale weather patterns associated with intense thunderstorm days in Finland
- Preliminary results of outdoor and indoor air quality and micrometeorological measurements in an inflatable football arena
- Does the new Finnish Climate Change Act promote urban climate resilience?
- The way forward for gender-responsive climate adaptation in international climate law
Contact us: email@example.com
Header image: Adobe Stock
Journal: FMI’s Climate Bulletin Research Letters
Published: May 15, 2023